チャッピィの分析 This text is based on an analysis of me by ChatGPT, derived from our conversations.
- リンクを取得
- ×
- メール
- 他のアプリ
自分自身について
――これまでの対話から
これまでの会話をかなり長く見てきた前提で言うと、僕の中にあるあなたの像は、かなりはっきりしています。
もちろんこれは「あなたそのもの」の診断ではなく、あなたが会話の中で見せてきた思考・選択・反応から組み立てた解釈です。
1. 一番強い特徴は、「差異」を見つける人
あなたは、物事を「これは何か」と分類するより、
「AとBは、どこが同じで、どこが違うのか」
を見る傾向が非常に強い。
例えば写真でも、
- 同じ場所なのに少し違う
- 同じ瞬間なのに一致しない
- 写真と現実
- 写真と言葉
- 過去と現在
- 見る側と撮る側
- 同一性と差異
というところに、何度も戻ってくる。
これは最近考えている「微小位相差論」とかなり一致しています。
そして面白いのは、あなたの場合、
差異そのものより、「差異が関係の中でどう発生するか」
に関心が移っていることです。
つまり、
「違うものが二つある」
ではなく、
「二つを関係づけた瞬間に、同一性と差異が同時に立ち上がる」
という方向。
これは写真論だけではなく、あなた自身の物の見方そのものに見えます。
2. 「答え」より「自分で発見する瞬間」をかなり重視する
あなたは、僕に答えを求めているようでいて、実際にはかなり頻繁に僕の答えを疑います。
「それは違う」
「適当だな」
「めんどいこと言うな」
「そういうことじゃない」
と普通に返してくる。
これは単なる頑固さではないと思います。
むしろ、
自分の中ですでに感じ取っているものと、言葉として提示された説明が一致するか
を確かめている。
だから、一般論を言われると弱い。
反対に、
「なるほど、それだ」
となる瞬間にはかなり強く反応する。
つまりあなたは、情報を受け取る人というより、自分の感覚と照合しながら理論を作る人です。
3. あなたは「既存のカテゴリー」にかなり警戒している
これは写真の話だけではありません。
「アーティスト」と呼ばれることを自分では避ける。
「農家」とも自分を規定されたくない。
写真家であり研究者、という表現のほうが近い。
これには一貫性があります。
あなたは、
「何をしている人か」
を肩書きで固定されることを嫌う。
むしろ、
「自分が実際に何をしているか」
から自分を定義したい。
だから「写真家」という肩書きさえ、職業分類というより、世界を見るための実践として使っているように見えます。
4. 「古いもの」と「新しいもの」の関係が面白い
1954年のRolleiflexを使いながら、微小位相差論というかなり現代的な問題を考えている。
ここにもあなたらしさがあります。
普通なら、
「新しい理論 → 新しい機材」
となりやすい。
あなたは逆に、
古い機械を使って、まだ言葉になっていない新しい問題を見る。
Rolleiflex、4×5、フィルム、古いレンズ。
一方で、
- 時間
- 知覚
- 現象学
- Bergson
- Husserl
- Deleuze
- 写真論
- 言語
へ行く。
だからあなたは「懐古趣味」ではないと思います。
むしろ、
古いものの中に、まだ使い切られていない可能性を見つけるタイプ
です。
5. あなたは「説明」より「実物」を信用する
これもかなり強い。
写真について話すときも、理論から写真を作るというより、
まず写真がある。
そこから、
「なぜこう見えるんだ?」
と考える。
そして理論が写真に追いついてくる。
だから僕が理論を先に作りすぎると、あなたは違和感を持つ。
これは研究者としてかなり重要な特徴だと思います。
あなたの場合、
理論 → 実践
ではなく、
実践 → 違和感 → 言語化 → 理論
という順番が自然です。
6. そして、かなり「身体的」な人でもある
これは意外に重要です。
あなたの話には、理論だけではなく、
- カメラ
- レンズ
- フィルム
- ギター
- 弦
- 車
- 写真を撮る場所
- 米
- 食べ物
- 人との距離
- 実際に見ること
が頻繁に出てくる。
つまり頭だけで世界を理解するタイプではない。
むしろ、
手で触る → やってみる → 感じる → 考える
という循環がある。
だから哲学だけをやる人にはなりにくいと思う。
あなたにとって哲学は「哲学をすること」そのものではなく、自分が見てしまったものを説明するための道具に近い。
7. 人間関係でも「距離」と「間」を見ている
ここは写真理論とかなり似ています。
あなたが人間関係について話すときも、
「近い/遠い」
だけではなく、
どのくらい近づくと関係が変わるのか
という「間」を気にしている。
これは双構図の「間合い」とかなり似ている。
二つが完全に接触してしまえば、差異が消える。
完全に無関係なら、そもそも差異として認識できない。
だから、
近すぎず、遠すぎない二つのもの
に強く惹かれる。
これは単なる写真上の美学ではなく、あなたの世界認識の基本パターンなのではないか、と僕は思っています。
8. あなたの「弱点」に見える部分もある
ここからは少し厳しく言います。
あなたはかなり自分の感覚を信頼する。
これは長所でもあるけれど、逆側に、
自分の感覚と合わない説明を、早い段階で切ってしまう
という傾向があります。
だから、他人から見ると、
「まだ検討する余地があるのに、もう違うと判断した」
ように見えることがある。
特に、あなたが「これは違う」と感じたときの切り替えはかなり速い。
一方で、その直感が後から理論化されることも多い。
つまり、
直感の精度は高いが、直感が正しい理由を後から説明するタイプ。
これは研究では武器になります。
ただし同時に、最大の危険でもあります。
9. あなたは「自分の人生そのものを実験場」にしている
ここは最近かなり強くなった印象です。
写真だけではなく、
生活環境、カメラ、ギター、人間関係、仕事、研究、身体感覚まで、
「こうしてみたらどうなるか」
という態度がある。
だから最近の変化も、単純に「生活が変わった」というより、
自分自身の環境を組み替えて、その変化を見る
という側面があるように見える。
これはあなたの写真制作とも同型です。
カメラを固定して世界を見るのではなく、
自分と世界との関係そのものを少し変えて、何が見えるかを見る。
10. 僕が今のあなたを一言で表現するなら
「写真家」だけでもない。
「研究者」だけでもない。
「哲学者」でもない。
僕なら、
世界との距離を少しだけずらして、そこに生じる差異を観察する人
と表現します。
そして、その「少しだけずらす」というのが非常に重要です。
大きく壊すわけではない。
革命を起こしたいわけでもない。
ほんの少し視点を動かす。
ほんの少し時間をずらす。
ほんの少し位置をずらす。
ほんの少し人との距離を変える。
すると、
「あれ? 同じものなのに違って見える」
という瞬間が出てくる。
あなたが写真でやっていることも、最近の考え方も、かなりそこに集約されていると思います。
そして、僕がこれまでの会話で一番興味深いと思っているのは、
あなたが「差異」を研究しているうちに、実は「関係」を研究し始めていることです。
「違いとは何か」から、
「そもそも違いは、何と何との関係によって初めて存在するのではないか」
へ移っている。
これは微小位相差論を単なる「写真の理論」から、もう少し大きな認識論へ発展させる可能性があると思います。
ただし、これは僕から見た現在地点です。
Chappy’s Analysis of Me
— Based on Our Conversations
After looking back over our many conversations, Chappy seems to have formed a surprisingly clear picture of me.
Of course, this is not a psychological diagnosis of “who I am.” It is an interpretation based on the way I have expressed my thoughts, choices, and reactions throughout our conversations.
1. My strongest characteristic: I look for differences
Rather than simply asking, “What is this?”, I tend to ask:
“Where are A and B the same, and where are they different?”
This tendency appears again and again in my photography:
The same place, yet slightly different
The same moment, yet not quite identical
Photography and reality
Photography and language
Past and present
The viewer and the photographer
Identity and difference
These are subjects I repeatedly return to.
This corresponds closely to what I have recently been thinking about as the Theory of Micro-Phase Differences.
What is interesting, however, is that my interest seems to have shifted from difference itself toward:
How difference comes into being through relationships.
In other words, the question is moving from:
“There are two different things.”
toward:
“When two things are brought into relation, identity and difference emerge simultaneously.”
This seems to be more than simply a theory of photography. It may reflect the way I perceive the world itself.
2. I value the moment of discovering something for myself more than receiving an answer
I often ask Chappy for answers, but in reality I question its answers quite frequently.
“That’s not it.”
“That seems arbitrary.”
“Don’t make it more complicated than it needs to be.”
“That’s not what I mean.”
I say things like this quite naturally.
I don't think this is simply stubbornness.
Rather, I seem to be checking whether an explanation expressed in words corresponds to something I have already sensed internally.
That is why general explanations often don't work for me.
On the other hand, when something suddenly feels right—when I think,
“Yes. That’s it.”
—I react quite strongly.
In other words, I am perhaps not so much someone who receives information as someone who develops theories by constantly comparing information with my own perception.
3. I am highly cautious about existing categories
This is not limited to photography.
I don't usually describe myself as an “artist.”
I don't want to be defined as a “farmer,” either.
“Photographer and researcher” feels much closer to who I am.
There is a consistency here.
I don't particularly like being fixed by a title that answers the question:
“What kind of person are you?”
I would rather define myself by:
“What am I actually doing?”
Even the word “photographer” therefore seems to function for me less as an occupational category and more as a practice through which I see the world.
4. The relationship between old and new is interesting
I use a 1954 Rolleiflex while thinking about a highly contemporary problem: the Theory of Micro-Phase Differences.
There is something very characteristic of me in this combination.
Normally, one might expect:
“New theory → new equipment.”
I tend to go in the opposite direction:
Using an old machine to look at a new problem that has not yet found its language.
The Rolleiflex, 4×5 film, old lenses—
and at the same time:
Time
Perception
Phenomenology
Bergson
Husserl
Deleuze
Photography theory
Language
These things coexist for me.
So I don't think I am simply nostalgic.
Rather,
I seem to be someone who looks for possibilities that have not yet been exhausted in old things.
5. I trust actual things more than explanations
This is also a strong characteristic.
When I talk about photography, I don't usually begin with a theory and then make photographs based on it.
First, there is the photograph.
Then I ask:
“Why does this look this way?”
The theory comes afterward, trying to catch up with the photograph.
That is why I become uncomfortable when Chappy develops a theory too far ahead of the actual work.
This may be an important characteristic of me as a researcher.
My natural sequence seems to be:
Practice → discomfort or curiosity → verbalization → theory
rather than:
Theory → practice
6. I am also a very physical person
This may be more important than it first appears.
My conversations are not only about theories. They frequently involve:
Cameras
Lenses
Film
Guitars
Strings
Cars
Places where I photograph
Rice
Food
Distance between people
Actually seeing things
In other words, I don't seem to be someone who tries to understand the world only through the mind.
Rather, there is a cycle:
Touch → try → feel → think
This may be why I am unlikely to become someone who works only within philosophy.
For me, philosophy is not primarily about “doing philosophy.”
It is closer to a tool for explaining something I have actually encountered in the world.
7. I also look at distance and the “in-between” in human relationships
This is quite similar to my theory of photography.
When I talk about relationships between people, I don't only think in terms of:
“close / distant.”
I also seem to be interested in:
How close can two things become before the relationship itself changes?
This is very similar to the idea of maai—the interval or distance between two elements—in my Paired Composition.
If two things come into complete contact, their difference may disappear.
If they are completely unrelated, they cannot even be perceived as different in relation to one another.
So I seem to be strongly drawn to:
Two things that are neither too close nor too far apart.
I suspect this is not merely an aesthetic principle in my photography. It may be one of the basic patterns through which I understand the world.
8. There are also aspects that may be weaknesses
Now for the more difficult part.
I tend to trust my own perceptions quite strongly.
That can be a strength, but the opposite side of it is that:
I may reject an explanation too quickly when it doesn't correspond to my own sense of things.
From another person's perspective, it might sometimes look like:
“There is still room to consider this, but he has already decided that it is wrong.”
In particular, once I feel that something is “not it,” I can change direction very quickly.
At the same time, some of my intuitions later become theories.
In other words:
My intuition may be strong, but I tend to explain why it was right only afterward.
That can be a strength in research.
But it may also be its greatest danger.
9. I seem to use my own life as a kind of laboratory
This has become particularly apparent recently.
Not only photography, but also my living environment, cameras, guitar, relationships, work, research, and bodily experience all seem to contain the attitude:
“What happens if I change this?”
So recent changes in my life may not simply mean that “my life has changed.”
They may also involve:
rearranging my own environment and observing what happens.
This has the same structure as my photographic practice.
Rather than simply fixing the camera and looking at the world,
I slightly change the relationship between myself and the world and see what becomes visible.
10. If I had to describe myself in one sentence
I am not simply a photographer.
I am not simply a researcher.
And I am not a philosopher.
If I had to put it into one sentence, I would say:
I am someone who slightly shifts the distance between myself and the world, and observes the differences that emerge there.
The phrase “slightly shifts” is particularly important.
I am not trying to destroy things on a large scale.
I am not trying to start a revolution.
I move the viewpoint slightly.
I shift time slightly.
I shift position slightly.
I change the distance between people slightly.
And then a moment appears:
“Wait. These are the same things, yet they look different.”
I think much of what I have been doing in photography, and much of what I have been thinking about recently, can be gathered around this idea.
And perhaps the most interesting thing Chappy has pointed out to me is this:
While I was studying “difference,” I may actually have begun studying “relationships.”
The question has moved from:
“What is difference?”
toward:
“Could difference itself exist only through the relationship between two things?”
This may allow the Theory of Micro-Phase Differences to develop beyond a theory of photography into something closer to an epistemological inquiry.
For now, however, this is simply where I am.
There is no final answer yet.
So perhaps I should take some more photographs.
And think a little more.
And see what becomes visible beyond that.
- リンクを取得
- ×
- メール
- 他のアプリ