AIに「僕がスピリチュアルを嫌う理由は想像できますか」と尋ねてみました。1,2,

1, 

AIに「僕がスピリチュアルを嫌う理由は想像できますか」と尋ねてみました。

返ってきた答えは、僕が何でも分解して理論化する人間だから、というものでした。「センス」や「感性」という言葉を好まないのと同じ根だそうです。スピリチュアルは説明が必要になったところで「そういうものだ」と止まります。結論が先にあり、そこへ至る手続きが見えません。撮影を位置・角度・フレーミングに分け、二枚の写真の露出の微細な差で時間を測る人間にとって、曖昧な言葉が意味ありげな顔をしているのは耐えがたい、という指摘でした。

もう一つ、僕の「霊位」という言葉が誤解を呼びやすいという点にも触れていました。名前だけ見ればスピリチュアルの仲間ですが、中身は良い写真が撮られた立ち位置の座標です。霊を名乗りながら、やっていることは測量に近い。

最後の一文が気に入ったので、そのまま載せます。

スピリチュアルが霊を持ち出して説明をやめるところで、新川さんは霊の名を借りて説明を始めています。 

 
I asked an AI, "Can you imagine why I dislike spirituality?"

The answer I received was that it is because I am a person who decomposes everything and turns it into theory. It said this has the same root as my dislike of the words "sense" and "sensibility." Spirituality stops at the point where an explanation becomes necessary, with the words "that is simply how it is." The conclusion comes first, and the procedure leading to it is not visible. For a person who divides photography into position, angle and framing, and who measures time through minute differences in the exposure of two photographs, it said, it must be intolerable for vague words to wear an air of significance.

The AI also noted that the word "Rei-i," which I use, easily invites misunderstanding. Judging by the name alone it appears to belong with spirituality, but its content is the coordinates of the standing position from which a good photograph was taken. While it claims the name of a spirit, what it actually does is closer to surveying.

I liked the final sentence, so I will quote it as it is.

"At the point where spirituality brings out the spirit and stops explaining, Mr. Shinkawa borrows the name of the spirit and begins to explain."

2, 

AIに「僕がスピリチュアルを嫌う理由は想像できますか」と尋ねてみました。

AIは、僕が何でも分解して理論化する人間だからだろう、と答えました。スピリチュアルは説明が必要になったところで「そういうものだ」と止まる。結論が先にあって手続きが見えない。位置・角度・フレーミングに撮影を分け、二枚の写真の露出の微細な差で時間を測る人間には耐えがたいはずだ、という推測でした。

ただ、前提が逆でした。僕はスピリチュアルが好きで、あえて無視しています。

そう伝えると、AIはこう返しました。好きなものを無視するのは、嫌うよりも手間がかかる。引力があるからこそ、理論という重りをつけて距離を保つ必要がある。「霊位」という名前も、無視しきれなかった好意が言葉の端から漏れた結果に見える。分解し尽くしたあとに、あえて霊の字を残しているのだから、と。

返す言葉がありませんでした。

最後の一文を、そのまま載せます。

「スピリチュアルは新川さんにとって、拒む対象ではなく、理論の外側で黙って鳴っている音のようなものなのかもしれません。」

I asked an AI, "Can you imagine why I dislike spirituality?"

The AI answered that it was probably because I am a person who decomposes everything and turns it into theory. Spirituality stops at the point where an explanation becomes necessary, with the words "that is simply how it is." The conclusion comes first, and the procedure leading to it is not visible. For a person who divides photography into position, angle and framing, and who measures time through minute differences in the exposure of two photographs, it must be intolerable. That was its inference.

However, the premise was the reverse. I like spirituality, and I deliberately ignore it.

When I told the AI this, it replied as follows. Ignoring something one likes takes more effort than disliking it. Precisely because there is a pull, one must attach the weight of theory in order to keep a distance. The name "Rei-i" also appears to be the result of a goodwill that could not be fully ignored, leaking out from the edge of the words. After decomposing everything, I have deliberately left the character for "spirit" in place.

I had no words to answer with.

I will quote the final sentence as it is.

"For Mr. Shinkawa, spirituality may not be an object of refusal, but something like a sound that quietly resonates outside the theory."


このブログの人気の投稿

Zoe Keating Exurgency